the Staff > Robert M.
Locke RMP, MPM
Robert Locke is a Master Property Manager and has been managing rental houses for 30 years. He is the owner and broker of Crown Realty & Management in Atlanta Georgia and is a trainer in the property management and real estate investing industry. He is a frequent speaker at national and international real estate conferences and does consulting for property managers, REIT’s, investment groups, banks, government agencies, lenders, builders and other brokers on a wide variety of real estate investing subjects.
- Born in 1945
- Grew up in Battle Creek, Michigan
- Moved to Roswell in 1978
- Married 40 years to Betty
- Three sons (one is an Allstate agent and two are Pastors)
- Ordained Deacon 21 years
- Securities Dealer until became full time investor/realtor in
- Member North Point Community Church
- Graduated from Michigan State University
- Real Estate License since 1973
- Started Crown Management in 1980
- Certified by Georgia Real Estate Commission as an instructor for Continuing Education Credit, (Crown Investor Institute, LLC school code 3648).
- Received Residential Management Professional (RMP) designation in 1997.
- Received Master Property Manager (MPM) in 2001; there are 160 in the US.
- Past President and current board member of the Atlanta chapter of National Association of Residential Property Managers. (narpmga.org)
- Frequent speaker at local, state, national and international real estate conventions.
- Numerous articles published in national real estate magazines.
- Hired by attorneys to testify as an expert witness in magistrate, state, superior and federal court in property management disputes.
- Acquired 12 other management companies and brokered out one.
- Manages rentals for other area real estate brokers.
- Certified Instructor for National Association of Residential Property Managers (narpm.org)
- Member Georgia Association of Real Estate Educators (GREEA)
- Joint ventures with the law firm of Dickenson Gilroy LLC to provide education and training to real estate investors, real estate agents and the property management community.
- Has done consulting work with area builders, brokers, property managers, lenders, litigation attorneys, appraisers, developers and closing attorneys.
Investing in Real Estate Bio
Robert started his real estate career in Michigan in 1973. As a securities deal Roberts’ love for investing carried over to the opportunities in owning real estate. After syndicating office buildings and large parcels of land he settled on buying single family houses.
In 1978 Robert moved his family to Atlanta and started buying houses as a sideline to his securities career. His model was to buy good houses, rent them out and hold them forever. When Robert ran out of money he started selling houses to investor clients. Without fail investors would say “I’ll buy it if you’ll manage it” forcing him to start a management business to manage rentals for others. After 30 years he has bought over 150 houses for his own account and has sold over 500 houses to investor clients.
Robert expanded his house buying career by learning to buy foreclosures, doing wrap mortgages, Land Trusts, 1031 Exchanges, buying subject to existing financing and other creative investing strategies. He has been training real estate investors in the art of investing in houses for 20 years.
Property Management Bio
Robert got his real estate license in 1973 and has practiced real estate sales, investing, leasing and property management ever since. He and his wife Betty started buying houses in 1978 in Atlanta and have bought over 150 houses for their own account. Robert has also sold over 500 houses to investor clients.
Robert started managing his own rentals in 1978 and for others in 1980 out of his basement as Crown Management Corporation. Since then, over 7,000 tenants have rented from Crown. Robert has bought out 12 other management companies in Atlanta in the past 15 years and has downsized his company once (from 750 houses to 350). Crown currently manages over 700 single family rental homes in the Atlanta area with a staff of 20 experienced managers and staff. Crown’s clients include private investors, Real Estate Investment Trusts, banks, government agencies, builders, lenders and other brokers.
Robert is past president and board member of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association of Residential Property Managers. He received the Residential Management Professional (RMP) designation in 1998, his Master Property Manager (MPM) designation in 1999, and Crown received the coveted Certified Residential Management Company (CRMC) designation in 2000.
Robert is a frequent speaker at local, state, national and international property management conventions on the topics of leasing, property management and operating a profitable management company. He has been hired by attorneys needing an expert witness in magistrates, state and federal courts on property management disputes.
Training and Education Bio
Robert’s parents were both educators and infected him with the love of training. He has an uncanny ability to break down complicated issues and clarify them for students. He has been training real estate investors, licensed agents and other property managers for 20 years. He formed Crown Investor Institute LLC (an accredited school with the Georgia Real Estate Commission) for the express purpose of infecting others with his love of the real estate investing game. He has spoken to local associations, national conferences and international real estate conventions. His topics are atypical for the traditional real estate industry including Leasing, Property Management, Building Profit Centers in Real Estate, Buying ‘Subject To’ The Loan, Real Estate Tax Strategies, Asset Protection and Title Holding Strategies, Using Land Trusts, Profits in Lease Purchase, Selling with Wrap Around Mortgages and many other real estate investor subjects. He has authored designation workshops for the National Association of Residential Property Managers where he is a certified instructor and is writing a book on Residential Property Management.
If you are looking for a speaker for a luncheon or a national real estate conference Robert will be both entertaining and informative.